Solar Topps is seeking to hire for a permanent full time position for a PV / Solar Design Engineer in our Phoenix location (not remote).
As a Solar Topps PV Designer, we provide you all the tools you need to successfully design code-compliant residential and commercial solar photovoltaic systems. The position relies heavily on civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering concepts and calculations, with a focus on efficiency and accuracy.
We are willing to train the right individual to be a long term fit for this role & our company. This is a full-time Monday-Friday, permanent position that offers full benefits and room for growth and advancement.
Since 2009, many solar companies have come and gone, but no other has stayed true to their Arizona roots like Solar Topps. Headquartered in the heart of downtown Phoenix, we have the industry's longest retained and promoted employees. With all of our engineering, electricians, warehouse, and installers in house and consistent work throughout the year our efficient business model allows you to get more done with less effort. Compensation and Benefits
- Industry-Leading Hourly Rate (Paid Weekly)
- $60,000-$65,000 p/yr based on 40/hr week
- Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Coverage
- Use AutoCad and Chief Architect software tools to design PV systems.
- Work with project managers to submit plans and drawings to building departments, as well as track permitting process through approval.
- Experience reading blueprints or other technical drawings.
- Work cross-functionally with sales, project management and installation teams to ensure clients' needs and deadlines are met.
- MUST HAVE AT LEAST 2 years of hands on experience of drafting using AutoCad or Chief Architect.
- Able to perform Electrical calculations.
- Able to read construction drawings and specifications.
- BS in architectural, mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering or qualifying experience.
- Knowledge of mechanical design and beam theory.
- Knowledge of electrical design theory and concepts.
- Knowledge of NEC Code and AC/DC Design Theory.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Preferences (But Not Required)
- Any level of NABCEP certification
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)